WBC President Dr Jose Sulaiman adresses the WBC convention in Cancun after the crowning of Muhammad Ali as the King of Boxing.
WBC champions past and present with Muhammad Ali
WBC Board of Governors with Muhammad Ali
WBC President Dr Jose Sulaiman crowns Muhammad Ali the King Of Boxing
Muhammad Ali a universal hero
China boxing superstar Zhao Zhong welcomed to the WBC convnetion in Cancun
WBC Asia President Pol General Kovid congratulates new WBC straweight champion and China promoter Liu Gang
WBC Asia boxing has passed through a year of growth and consolidation, WBC Vice President Pol. General Kovid Bhakdibhumi.
"The past year has seen an expansion of the popular Continental WBC Asia championships held mostly in Thailand and the Philippines, and there has also been activity in Australia and Central Asia," said General Kovid at the WBC convention held in Cancun, Mexico.
The WBC Asia China Boxing Zone is holding more championship events and will continue expansion following the world straweight championship win of Xiong Zhao Zhong, who defended his flyweight WBC Asia championship several times before winning the WBC World Straweight championship.
The WBC convention held from 3-7 December that crowned the great Muhammad Ali as the King of Boxing agreed on:
* An International Visa form to keep track on boxers traveling to another country without proper medical records, and to prevent fake fighters using bogus names while traveling from one country to another.
* WBC World Cup for professional boxing would begin in mid-year 2013.
* A WBC amateur to be established to foster the "seeds" of boxing worldwide.
* A fund established for fighters to draw upon after their fighting careers.
* Appproval for an official WBC Nelson Mandella Day